Thinking back over 2010, how was your attitude? Did you speak words of encouragement? Even when things looked bad, were you positive? As I said, I do not like to be around negative people. But I have noticed that I am not all that positive either. When our spouse is late for dinner, the kids do not get their chores done, or someone just upsets us, we are quick to point it out. But when our spouse is on time for dinner, do we thank them? When the kids do their chores correctly, do we praise them? We should be quick to praise and encourage others. I love my sister to pieces but she is very quick to point out when I mess up. It can hurt. We should try to encourage and praise others.
Thinking back over 2010, how were your words? Our tone of voice speaks volumes. Think about a dog. If you scream 'I love you dog' to them they shrink back in fear. But if you gently and quietly say 'I do not like you crazy dog' they wag their tell and perk up. When we yell and speak in a rude way it offends and hurts others. We can say the same sentence rudely and it means one thing then say it in a kind way and it means another. Let's watch our tone of voice.
Suggestions for today:
- Pray and ask God to help you have a positive attitude.
- Practice being positive. When someone says or does something try to answer in an encouraging, gentle way.
- Before you open your mouth to speak, make sure your tone is quiet and loving.
- Watch really closely for your spouse and children to do something good. then be quick to thank them or tell them how wonderful it was. Try things such as: thank you honey for putting your plate in the dishwasher; thank you sweet heart for putting your shoes in the closet; I appreciate you turning the light off when you left the kitchen. Look for ways to praise others.
- When you are out and about try to keep a smile on your face. Maybe the line at Walmart is long and you are in a hurry. Stay positive and be sure to thank the cashier.
I am so blessed by each of my readers and by my fellow blog friends. Happy New Year! I pray you have a wonderful and safe weekend and a blessed 2011.