Continuing to count my blessings in 2012:
581. Lesson plans to start our school year.
582. Stolen kisses with my husband (as my kids say 'eww gross' from across the house, smiles)
583. Finally getting things straightened out and getting my husband's truck tags renewed, after spending three days at the dmv due to an error on their part.
584. News of a friend expecting a new baby.
585. Having my fifteen month old nephew stay the weekend with us.
586. Celebrating the marriage of the daughter of some good friends.
587. Seeing my baby sister dance and have fun with my kids and their friends.
588. The very first birthday of my church, CrossWind Fellowship.
589. Grandparents Day.
590. My Mamaw and Papa. Not only awesome grandparents to me, but also wonderful friends.
591. My Grandma who is there when I need her and my late Grandpa who I miss so much.
592. My parents who are excellent grandparents to my kids.
593. Being able to open the windows and having a beautiful breeze blow in.
594. Watching my daughter play and win her first high school volleyball game.
595. Getting a sweet email from my nine year old son saying he loves me so so so so (and many, many more sos) much.
Comment below with five things you are thankful for today.
Review and Giveaway:
We are soon entering into fall, my favorite time of year. So today's review of an Easter devotional may seem a little out of season. But with children, it is never the wrong time to plan and prepare ourselves to teach them, especially about Jesus. Easter Is About Jesus is an incredible family devotional. The author, Mukkove Johnson of Kove's Blog, has beautiful encouragement, a couple discussion questions for the family and ideas for activities. These fifteen devotional lessons make a great way to connect as a family over the Word of God. Though I have read through this book, I am so excited to do the devotional as a family.
Mukkove Johnson also has Christmas Is About Jesus, which I look forward to checking out as well.
I am so excited for our giveaway! Mukkove has offered a signed copy of this Easter Is For Jesus to one blessed reader. To enter, simply complete each task in the Rafflecopter. The winner will be emailed this Friday (Sept 14th).
Christian, wife, mother and author Mukkove Johnson lives in Alaska with her husband and three children. Mukkove has been involved in children’s ministry in many ways since high school from a class of 3 year olds to teaching one hundred K- 5th graders from the stage. She also served on a MOPS steering team for 2 years. Now Mukkove homeschools her children and writes when she can.
A Holy Experience
A Holy Experience