So encourage each other and build each other up,
just as you are already doing.
1 Thessalonians 5:11
Here are just a few ways to encourage someone:
- Let them know you are praying for them, then actually pray for them.
- Mail a card or note just letting them know you are thinking of them.
- Send a small gift. It could be a bookmarker with a Scripture verse, magnet for their refrigerator, flower, favorite candy bar, the list is endless.
- Tell them how much you appreciate them.
- Thank them for what they've done.
- Bake a plate of cookies and deliver them.
- Affirm them in some way, such as saying, "You do an amazing job teaching the kids in Sunday School" or "You are a great coach to our kids."
Here are a few people you can encourage:
- Sunday School teachers and nursery workers.
- Family and friends.
- School teachers.
- New parents.
- The elderly in nursing homes.