I said before that I don't typically make New Year's resolutions but that I do think it is a good idea to evaluate the past year, see where you can improve and pray about it.
In our church we have a time of dialogue. This is where one of the pastors will come up and ask questions that have to do with that day's sermon and get the congregation thinking and talking. It is always so great hear what everyone has to say. Yesterday Pastor asked about New Year's resolutions. He asked why do they not work. The most typical response was lack of accountability.
I can completely understand that. I mentioned that I was doing the Bible in 90 days reading program. It is a lot of reading each day. I need my accountability ladies to hold me in check. I need that extra push and encouragement.
Whether you set a resolution or just have something you would like to improve on, I greatly encourage you to find an accountability partner. Someone to go through this journey with you.
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up." Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Continuing to count my blessings:
- Husband working hard to clean the yard and garage.
- Family and friends to celebrate a holiday with.
- New friends meeting old ones.
- Having the kids' friends stay over for the evening.
- New opportunities for my son.
- Relaxing on a Sunday afternoon.
- Painting the beautiful fingers of my daughter and seeing that even though she has many tumors covering each finger, God has heard the cries of a mama's heart and her wedding ring finger is clear of tumors and she will be able to someday wear a wedding ring without pain.
What are you praising God for today?