I love Sunday afternoon naps! We come home from church, get in comfy clothes, have a quick lunch, then hubby lays in his chair and watches football (till he falls asleep, even though he will tell you he doesn't fall asleep, ahem) the kids lay down and read or watch tv with daddy and I get my fuzzy blanket and curl up on the couch for a glorious nap.
Last week I laid on the couch yet could not fall asleep, even though I was extremely tired. Between the dogs, tv, and kids, I kept getting distracted. My husband told me to go into the bedroom and shut the door so that I could sleep in my comfortable bed without distraction. I knew he was right. I knew I would be able to sleep in my bed. I knew I needed to go to the bedroom but I didn't.
God reminded me of how I do this with Him. I know I need to rely on Him. I know I need fully put my faith in Him. No matter how much I know, often I just don't.
What ever you are facing, stop simply knowing that you need God and actually turn to Him. Just as my comfortable bed was waiting on me last Sunday, God is waiting on you to turn to Him.
Continuing to count my blessings:
- An evening completely unplugged from cellphones and computers.
- Playing Mario Kart as a family.
- Evidence of how cool God is.
- Beautiful and unseasonably warm days in January.
- Watching my kids play outside and use their imaginations.
- Seeing God's plans for a ministry come to life.
- Women excited to work for the Lord.
- My husband's birthday and the wonderful man he is.
- Celebrating his birthday out to dinner with family.
- Being able to stay up late on Fridays and sleep in on Saturdays.
A Holy Experience
Hear it on Sunday, Use it on Monday