Last week I talked about wishing I knew what the future held. I found out (yes, I already really knew this truth) that it doesn't always hold what we want. Things do not always go the way we hope and plan. In this life, we will get hurt. Sometimes that hurt is because of our mistake and sometimes it is because of someone else's mistake. We are not promised an easy life.
We are promised that God will always be there. He will never leave us [Hebrews 13:5]. He loves us. I experienced hurt, but I also experienced the beautiful feeling of crying on my Daddy's big shoulders. He is waiting on us to run to Him.
What are you facing today? What is hurting you? Run to Him and cry on His shoulders. Let Him comfort you and heal your heart.
More of my blessings for 2012...
111. Free dvds to borrow from the library.
112. Receiving my Valentine's gift in the mail (hubby ordered it but it just came) and seeing the sweet extras thrown in for my girls.
113. Many helpful hands at a church work day.
114. Sunny and warm weather one day then snow and cold weather the very next.
115. Getting off track in Bible study to cry with a hurting sister.
116. The many prayers lifted to Heaven when needed the most.
117. The encouraging words of dear friends during a difficult time.
118. The way God worked it so that I could sit in service (I am normally in Children's ministry) when I needed it so badly.
119. The way God speaks to me through people when they do not even know what I am going through.
120. Knowing that even though things do not make sense in my mind and things get difficult here on this earth, God is always there to bring me comfort.
121. Messed up makeup during church because of healing tears.
What are you praising God for today?
A Holy Experience