Last week my family and I went on vacation to our favorite spot, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. I love the beach. There is something so wonderful and breathtaking about the ocean. I think of the song by Nicole C. Mullen, Redeemer. She says, "Who told the ocean to only come this far?" God did! It is so perfect. God placed the land and water there and told the ocean where to stop. It is amazing! The vastness of it all just amazes me and makes me feel so connected to my Savior.
I am overwhelmed by His artistry. I want to continue to count my blessings for 2012:
556. Family vacation.
557. The beach.
558. The ocean.
559. My entire family (my little family, my parents and siblings and their families) going on vacation together for the first time in a very long time.
560. Watching my children and niece and nephews play in the sand.
561. Jumping in the waves.
562. Waking up to a sunrise over the ocean each morning.
563. Sun-kissed skin on my kids.
564. Spending time away from it all.
565. Staying up late at night playing card games with my family.
566. Laughing till it hurts.
567. Walking the beach in the moonlight.
568. Hunting for seashells.
569. Hearing my two year old nephew talk about the ocean.
570. Safe travels to and from our vacation destination.
571. New family photos.
572. Real southern sweet tea.
573. A wonderful friend who stayed at our house and cared for our pets.
574. Seeing the beauty of the mountains on our drive to and from the beach.
575. The fun and beautiful shapes the clouds make.
576. An entire day of much needed rain that our town received while we were gone.
577. My Mamaw who celebrated her birthday yesterday.
578. The example of love, beauty and womanhood that my Mamaw is.
579. The close relationship I am blessed to have with my Mamaw. She is not only my grandmother but a best friend.
580. The prayers and advice my Mamaw gives.
Please tell me today, where is your favorite vacation spot and what are five things you are praising God for?
A Holy Experience