My husband and so many dear friends, always remind me that I need to slow down and take care of myself.
My mom always tells me to take care of myself.
I tell my children to take care of themselves.
We are God's children. We need to take care of ourselves.
We need to take care of ourselves. If we do not take care of ourselves, how will we take care of our families and how will we do the work of the Lord?
Here are a few tips, I am sure you already know these things, but I pray they give you that gentle reminder to take care of you.
- Get plenty of rest. We need roughly six to eight hours of sleep a night. Don't skimp on this. God created our bodies and minds to need rest. So rest!
- Drink plenty of water. The old saying is drink at least eight 8 ounce glasses of water. But I believe there is no clear definition on this. When you are thirsty, drink water.
- Take vitamins. The most important way to get our vitamins is to eat vegetables. However, we don't always eat a big enough variety of vegetables, at least in my family, to get all of the vitamins we need. So take a vitamin supplement.
- Exercise regularly. I feel a bit of a hypocrite on this one. I used to exercise several times a week but got out of the routine. While so many fitness experts would tell you to do a strict exercise regimen, if you can simply move each day you are making a world of difference for your body and heart. So get off the couch and go for a walk around the block!
- Spend time with God. Spend time with the One who created your body. You are His workmanship an He desires to be with you.
Take care of yourself so that you can take care of your family and do the work of the One who created you.
Thought Provoking Thursday
Proverbs 31 Thursday
Life in Bloom